How To Report Repairs & Maintenance

How to report Repairs & Maintenance of your Rental Property


If you need to notify us of a repair or maintenance issue at your rental property, all notifications must be forwarded to First National McColms in writing so we can act accordingly.

There are two ways in which you can do this:

1. Click here to Submit a Non-Urgent Maintenance Request, or 

2. Email  to:

Important:  Please provide as much information as possible about the repairs needed together with photographs and access authorisation for the repairs to be done. 

If you are reporting an appliance repair such as an oven, hot water service etc, please supply us with the make & model and whether it is electric or gas.

EMERGENCY REPAIRS - after hours, public holidays & when the office is closed:

In the event of a state emergency
Call State Emergency Services (SES) on 132 500 or visit the SES website here. 

For fallen power lines call Ergon on 13 10 46. 
For power outages visit Ergon Outages & Disruptions here.

For QLD Fire and Emergency Services website, click here. 
For current warnings & updates, visit the QFES facebook page here. 

For local Bundaberg information 
- Bundaberg Regional Council Disaster Management Information here.
- Visit the City of Bundaberg dashboard here.
- For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit website here.
- Listen to ABC Radio Widebay here.

(NB:  In accordance with the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (QLD), you must notify our office as soon as practicable of any damage incurred to the property.)

If you rent through First National McColms and have an emergency at your rental property that needs immediate attention:  

NB:  Emergency repairs only refers to the following situations:  

- A burst water service or serious water service leak
- A blocked or broken lavatory system 
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm, fire or impact damage
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- A failure or breakdown of an essential service or applicance on the premises for hot water,
  cooking or heating
- A fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- A fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a
  resident of the premises
- A serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the premises that unduly
  inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the premises

  1. Please always check your property's switchboard first to ensure that an appliance has not tripped one of the circuits.
  2. Then it is important to first contact Ergon on 13 10 46 to check on area outages. 
  3. Ergon recommends that if your power goes out, keep a battery-powered radio with fully charged batteries handy and listen to your local radio station or access their mobile website from your smartphone for regular power restoration updates:
  4. For an emergency such as fallen power lines contact Ergon on 13 10 46

An electrical emergency is defined as when your complete loss of power is not an Ergon issue AND is not caused by tripping by an appliance.

Please be aware that if your situation is not an emergency, the above trades will invoice you directly for the call-out at after hours / public holiday rates and charges.  It is the tenant’s responsibility to also notify our office on the first working day following the emergency with all the details relating to the call out. 


During office hours: 
Please call us on 4152 1122 to arrange to collect our management set.
(keys are to be returned to our office within the hour). Identification will be required.

After Hours, Public Holidays or when the office is closed:
You will need to contact a locksmith (at your own expense)

Rechenberg Security & Locksmiths - 1300 852 138